The Firefighter of the Year Award is for a firefighter who has exceeded the requirements and expectations of his or her position and has shown a distinct pattern of service, professionalism, and commitment to the Ferndale Volunteer Fire Dept.
In addition to being captain of Company 4, Rick has:
- Received an attendance award in all but one year since joining
- Attained upgraded driver’s license to drive fire equipment
- Maintained a current EMT certification
- Received additional training such as Hazmat, wildland, water rescue, swift water, low angle rope to name just a few
- Been active member of Eel River Valley Technical Rescue Team
- Performed many maintenance tasks such as resealing the Tender 6 tank
- Been active training new recruits attending the Eel River Valley Fire Academy
Thank you Rick for all you’ve done and continue to do.