FVFD opened Firemen’s Park and the pavilion (now the Community Center building) on September 22. Two months later the property was deeded to the city.
This year saw the addition of two new pieces of apparatus. First, the country folk bought a 1923 Dodge Chemical Truck, and then the town bought a 1923 American LaFrance engine, which is still owned by the department.
Hose Company 3, the last of the hose companies, was disbanded.