The Main St. cisterns (one by the White Front Store and the other by the Ivanhoe) were filled in after they were weakened by the construction of the state road.
In December, the worst flood to ever hit Ferndale devastated the entire Eel River Valley.
City Hall moves out of the fire building, leaving the entire building to be the Fire Department.
The 1949 International was sold to the College of the Redwoods. To replace it, the department purchased the 1969 Van Pelt for use by Company 3. It served the department until 1985 when it was replaced by the 1985 Grunman.