The city purchases it’s first electric fire siren. It was operated from the telephone office. The tradition of the noon whistle began with one short blast, while fire calls were indicated by multiple blasts.
The fire hydrants were all changed to meet the new National Hose Thread Standard.
The 1923 Dodge Chemical Truck was sold. A 1937 American LaFrance engine (currently owned by Redway Volunteer Fire Dept.) was purchased and assigned to Company 2.
The Hose Wagon was retired.